9th Annual British HIV Association Conference (BHIVA), 24-26 April 2003, Manchester
The 9th Annual British HIV Association (BHIVA) Conference was held from 24 to 26 April in Manchester and was attended by more than 650 clinicians and other healthcare workers and, thanks to the growing scholarship and assistance programme, a large involvement from UK community organisations which accounted for approximately 10% of registrations.
The meeting mainly provided a focus for UK research presentations.
The abstract book from the conference is available to download as a searchable pdf file from:
The following articles are included in coverage of this conference:
- UK 2003 audit and national standards of care
- Outline of changes to UK guidelines for treating HIV in adults
- Gender differences in rates and reasons for stopping treatment
- Maternal health, transmission and fertility
- Women: sexual function and relationships
- Paediatrics: neurological and developmental outcomes
- The impact of migration, race and ethnic diversity on healthcare delivery and clinical outcomes in the UK
- High levels of gout may be linked to HAART