Job vacancy: Editor post for of the Southern African Journal on HIV Medicine for the nursing profession
The Southern African HIV Clinicians Society, a not-for-profit organisation with over 15 000 members, seeks to employ an Editor for the Southern African HIV Nursing Magazine.
The successful applicant must be self motivated and able to work in a very dynamic and challenging environment. The editor will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Southern African HIV Nursing Magazine. This will include:
- Responsibility for acquiring, reviewing and editing all articles published in this magazine.
- Maintaining the magazines standards and editorial policies in line with international standards.
Degree level education preferably in nursing or another health-care related field, with a post-graduate degree in journalism or other relevant discipline, or equivalent experience with progress towards such a preferred qualification.
- 10 years practical work experience
- Experience and/or knowledgeable of the HIV/AIDS sector
- Experience with an NGO, implementation-focused donor or development organisation
- Experience and / or knowledge in the academic publishing field
- Proven track record as a published author in academic publications
Remuneration is dependent on skills, experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit a detailed CV, including contact details of three referees, a letter of motivation and a copy of an original (and unedited) writing sample to:
The General Manager, The Southern African HIV Clinicians Society, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 28 August 2009
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
For more information about the Society visit