14th European AIDS Conference (EACS), 16-19 October 2013, Brussels
The 14th European AIDS Conference (EACS) was held from 16-19 October 2013 in Brussels.
This marked the 25th anniversary of the European Clinical AIDS Society which organises these biennial meetings.
Access to the programme and abstracts this year uses a new web interface, which helpfully already includes access to PDF files for many of the posters.
Webcasts (free registration required):
Articles in this issue include:
- Dolutegravir superior to darunavir/r at week 48 in open label treatment naïve study
- GSK744: 24-week results with oral integrase inhibitor planned for once-monthly injections
- Cenicriviroc: 48 week results compared to efavirenz
- Approaches to once-daily raltegravir: new formulation likely to require food
- DSMB stops boosted atazanavir monotherapy study due to virological failure
- Recreational drug use is common in HIV positive gay men and is extensive in a significant minority
- Caution against prolonged use of bisphosphonates in patients with mild-moderate fracture risk
- Osteoporosis triples risk of later fracture in 1000-person US HIV group
- Bone turnover marker changes early in ART predict bone loss after 96 week
- Low HDL cholesterol Is main lipid abnormality in HIV+/HIV- comparison
- Classic risk factors, but not HIV, linked to arterial stiffness in middle-aged