12th Glasgow Congress on HIV Therapy, 2-6 November 2014, Glasgow
This two-yearly meeting always provides a good setting for important European research and has the advantage of having a single-track programme with no overlapping sessions.
Abstract are available on the conference website.
Many of the oral presentations are also available as webcasts:
Reports in this issue of HTB are:
- Savings to the NHS predicted from switching to generic antiretrovirals
- Lower than standard doses of efavirenz effective in two studies
- Should tenofovir be dosed at 200-250 mg/day with protease inhibitors?
- 3TC inferior to FTC in Dutch cohort but interchangeable in other studies
- Suicide not associated with efavirenz use in D:A:D cohort
- Gender differences in use of cardiovascular disease-related interventions: D:A:D study
- Efavirenz decreases exposure to hormonal contraceptive implant
- Increased risk of ART-related hepatotoxicity in HIV positive pregnant women
- Darunavir pharmacokinetics in pregnancy and postpartum