New guides to PrEP
Two new patient guides are highlighted as supplements to the issue of HTB.
UK guide to PrEP (September 2017)
The third edition of this guide coincides with the upcoming IMPACT trial that is due to start this month.
This 24-page A5 booklet includes new information about PrEP and women, and PrEP and trans and non binary people. Also about access to PrEP in the UK.
The guide is available in print and online.
PrEP in Scotland (September 2017)
A related guide – PrEP in Scotland – is available from NHS Scotland.
The guides include information about how to use PrEP safely.
- Who could benefit from PrEP.
- Access to PrEP in the UK.
- How to buy PrEP online (in the UK guide only)
- Different ways to take PrEP.
- Daily and on-demand dosing.
- Important monitoring tests.
- Other considerations.
The UK guide was produced in collaboration with UK doctors and PrEP advocates from the following organisations and clinics.