CROI 2018: second reports
4–7 March 2018, Boston
We continue our reports from CROI 2018, which was held this year from 4 – 7 March in Boston.
CROI is one of the most important HIV conferences, and comprehensive conference material is available free online.
This includes the full programme and abstracts with webcasts from oral presentations. Approximately 1100 new studies were selected for the conference this year.
http://www.croiconference.org/abstracts/search-abstracts (abstracts and posters)
Reports from CROI 2018 in this issue include:
- Ibalizumab phase 3 results and susceptibility to drug-resistant HIV
- Statin use might reduce risk of cancer in HIV positive people
- Rate of bone loss on ART slows after the first year
- Standard dose of dolutegravir sufficient in late pregnancy: interim results from DolPHIN1 study
- Women’s risk of becoming HIV positive increases three-fold in late pregnancy and four-fold postpartum
- Cure research at CROI 2018: defining and reducing the reservoir and the risks from interrupting treatment
i-Base reports signpost to key studies, and hyperlinks take you to the full results.