CROI 2018: third reports
16 April 2018. Related: Conference reports, Conference index, CROI 25 (Retrovirus) 2018.
We continue our reports from CROI 2018, which was held this year from 4 – 7 March in Boston.
CROI is one of the most important HIV conferences and comprehensive conference material is available free online.
This includes the full programme and abstracts with webcasts from oral presentations. Approximately 1100 new studies were selected for the conference this year.
http://www.croiconference.org/abstracts/search-abstracts (abstracts and posters)
Reports from CROI 2018 in this issue include:
- No increased risk of IRIS in people with low CD4 counts receiving raltegravir in the REALITY trial
- Isoniazid preventive TB therapy in pregnancy and postpartum: recommendations now need to be re-evaluated
- Efavirenz might decrease effectiveness of the vaginal contraceptive ring
- Switch to TAF appears safe and effective in adolescents: similar PK to adults
- Doubling raltegravir dose could overcome interaction with rifampicin in children aged 2 to 6
- Twice-daily bictegravir does not overcome drug interaction with rifampicin
- Reducing risk of myocardial infarction (MI) in HIV positive people
- M184V mutation associated with increased risk of viral blip but not viral failure with 3TC-based dual therapy
i-Base reports link to key studies, and hyperlinks take you to the full results. Earlier reports from CROI are included in the March issues of HTB (numbers 5 and 6).