30th Conference on Retroviruses and OIs (CROI 2023): first reports
10 March 2023. Related: Conference reports, Conference index, CROI 30 (Retrovirus) 2023.
19–23 February 2022, Seattle and virtual
This year the annual Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI) was held in Seattle from 19–22 February, and also virtually.
This was the 30th meeting, and as usual the programme included important studies on all aspects of HIV care, also covering COVID and mpox.
The programme and abstracts are already online as open access.
https://www.croiconference.org/search-abstracts (searchable abstract database)
All other conference material including webcasts of all oral presentations will become open-access a month after the meeting.
CROI 2023: ANTIRETROVIRALS
- Pipeline HIV drugs and formulations for treatment and PrEP
- Six-monthly ART – lenacapavir + dual bNAbs maintains undetectable viral load for 26 weeks after single doses
- Other lenacapavir studies – experienced and naive updates, the dosing window, HIV-2 and PrEP
- Similar PK profile for thigh vs gluteal CAB/RPV-LA injections: accidental intravenous injection
- Efficacy of N6LS monotherapy correlated with baseline factors
- CAB/RPV-LA levels are not reduced after switching from efavirenz
CROI 2023: TREATMENT STRATEGIES
- Yet more evidence for recycled tenofovir and 3TC or FTC with dolutegravir in second-line: 48 week results from the D2EFT study
CROI 2023: PREGNANCY
CROI 2023: SIDE EFFECTS
CROI 2023: COMPLICATIONS