Question

Are immune boosters any good?

Can immune boosters help increase your CD4?

Answer

Thanks for getting in touch.

The only thing that can help a person improve their CD4 count is ARVs. If you’re on meds, you’re already doing the best thing possible.

For how to live well with HIV, please see here:

https://i-base.info/guides/side

Hi Zuzu,

Immune boosters don’t increase a persons weight. If you’re having weight issues the best thing to do is to talk to your doctor, they may advice a diet and exercise programme for you.

2. Zuzu

I’m on arvs since 2016, it thr best way to take immune boosters while I’m taking arvs? Becouse I want to gain weight

Hi Sarah,

If you have a rash this needs to be seen by a doctor.
    It’s ARVs that increase a persons CD4 count, so if you’re taking these you’re already doing the best thing possible.

4. Sarah

Ii am hiv positive and diabetic and I developed itching rash all over my body I went to the clinic where I take my arvs they just give me allergex but is not helping can it be my immune system what can I do to boost it

Hi Anonymous,

What medication are you taking? What boosters are you thinking of taking?

6. Anonymous

Hi, I just found out about my hiv status and immediately started taking arvs as advised by the doctor. I’m a marathon runner but was told I can’t take energy boosters, I find it difficult to run 42 without any boosters what can I use. I am going for 56 end of march