Question

Can HIV positive people visit the UK on a student visa?

Can hiv positive person enter into uk or not on student visa?

Answer

Hi

The UK does not require an HIV test for any visitor visa, including for students.

Hi Sri,

ARVs are free for anyone who lives in the UK, this includes non UK nationals and students.
    When you come over it’s best to bring a few months supply of ARVs with you and if you can your healthcare history.

If you can tell me which city/town you’re going to be living in I can tell you were your nearest clinic will be.

Once you get to the UK all you have to do is contact a clinic, they’ll then arrange an appointment to see you.

2. Sri

Hi,

While coming to UK for higher studies, do we need to inform the clinic in UK in advance for medications or we can get settled with the clinic on reaching UK?

And do we need to mention it in the insurance or the ART is irrespective of that? Can we get ARTs even if we don’t mention HIV status in insurance?

Hi AJ,

We can’t comment on the visa application process as we don’t work in this sector. However, you HIV positive status won’t be an issue if you want to come to the UK. If you do come to the UK, you’ll be able to access ARVs and for free.

4. AJ

Hello why applying for student visa we need to go for medical insurance Do we need to declare our status for the insurance or is it ok we don’t and go for the process?
    Also how are the regulations for post study work permit and visas for PR process? Is there any restriction in the process for medicals ?
    I am opting for masters in UK and would wish to stay longer in UK so I would wanted to know the process earlier