Question

I missed a dose of PEP.

Hi. I am taking PEP and I forgot to take my pill at the exact time I always take it. I remembered in 8 hrs and took the pill. Can I continue to take my pill the exact time I always take it? And does this reduce my chances of not getting HIV? Please help.

Answer

Hi, how are you doing?

Yes you can continue to take PEP at the usual time you do.

Although it is better to not miss any meds, if you do forget once or twice, this is unlikely to make much difference. Especially if these are doses towards the end of the month.

While it is not advised, missing a dose by a few hours is unlikely to cause a problem. PEP remains in the body for more than 24 hours. As you remembered tot take PEP, the levels within your body would have stayed at a biologically significant level.

If you have another question please ask,

Josh.

1. Josh Peasegood

Hi Somebody, yes PEP will still work. Grape seed extract is not going to reduce how effective PEP is.

2. Somebody

Hi if i took PEP within 8-9 hours and used multivitamin and opc/grape seed extract together with my second dose of first day and later on 2nd or 3rd day miss 1pill did this affect my PEP very much? Is PEP still likely gonna work or is opc/grape seed extract very bad its very potent homöpathic antioxidants? Afterwards i took every pill on time and im now on PEP about 3 weeks.

3. Josh Peasegood

Hi Gustavo, When was your first dose of PEP? and when was your first exposure? If you started PEP on the 23rd with an exposure on the 20th you are still within 72 hours. You do not need to extend the course of PEP. You can complete your course of PEP after 28 days when originally planned.

4. Gustavo

I’m taking pep on the 20th I had sex without a condom and on the 22nd I forgot to take the medication and I only came to take it on the 23rd should I increase the pep time or stop at 28 days?