Q and A


How can I access ART in the UK?

I’m moving to England next year. Does the government give out medicine or will I have to buy from a pharmacy?


Hi, how are you doing?

Access to ART is free in the UK. HIV ART is managed by sexual health clinics – these are found all over the country. They are also not attached to your GP.

You do not require insurance or proof of residence. If you have your HIV notes and a supply of medication for the interim, you will be given treatment.

You do not need to buy them from a pharmacy.



Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *