Question

Can I still continue with my normal routine if I missed a dose?

I usually take my ARV pills at 8pm, so yesterday I forgot to drink it and I remembered in the morning that last night I didn’t drink my pills. So I panicked and drank my pill in the morning at 7am, now I’m wondering can I still drink it at 8pm which is my daily routine??

Answer

Hi, how are you doing?

Yes you can continue as normal and take your ARVs at 8pm.

Having a day in which you take a dose twice, 12 hours apart is not going to risk any problems for you.

Being late with this dose will not have any impact on your treatment and you can go back to taking your ARVs at 8pm without any problems.

Josh.

1. Josh Peasegood

Hi Jess, no you cannot be reinfected. Missing this one dose will not risk your treatment not working as protection (TasP).

TasP: https://i-base.info/guides/starting/treatment-as-prevention-tasp

2. Jess

Hey everyone
    I have been undetectable since last month after taking my ARVs for three months.
    I am in a relationship with a gentleman and on the day we had sex, we did it unprotected and I had forgotten my 9:00 am dose and it my pill the next day

Is it possible to not give me the virus and if he is hiv positive (not from me ) can I get reinfected?
    Thank you