Question

My CD4 is 172, how long do I have to live?

I was just diagnosed and I have cd4 count of 172….how many years do i have with medication?

Answer

Thanks for getting in touch.

Everyone worries about how long they will live. This is especially common is you are HIV positive.

The good news is that HIV meds (ARVs) dramatically extend your life. Are you currently taking ARVs? If you are, when did you begin?

Unless you have other serious complications, no doctor can say how long anyone will live.

A CD4 count of 172 is still good enough to protect you from lots of HIV-related problems.  If you are on meds then the CD4 count should also get steadily higher.

There is a lot about life expectancy on the i-Base website. Please see answers to similar questions at this link:
http://i-base.info/qa/?s=life+expectancy

Dear Srrr Ruuu,
    What HIV treatment are you taking? And was your CD4 count very low when you started two months ago? It would be good to find out more about your meds. Please let us know.

2. Srrr Ruuu

Sir my cd4 count is 52 how long i live my treatment is start 2months complete help me