Medscape coverage: HIV/AIDS-related research at the 40th Annual Meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
24-27 October 2002, Chicago, Illinois
William G. Powderly
from Medscape HIV/AIDS
The annual meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) is increasingly associated with high-quality reviews by experts in the field. However, it is less likely to be associated with a large number of novel HIV-related abstracts because of the competition from other HIV-related scientific meetings in the summer and fall.
Nevertheless, a number of interesting and important observations could be gleaned from information presented at this year’s meeting.
- Cardiovascular risk and HIV disease
- Treatment of HIV-associated hyperlipidemia
- Multiple protease inhibitors as salvage therapy
- Resistance testing in treatment-naive, chronically infected patients
- Predicting CD4+ cell count in resource-limited countries
- Clinical indicators of chronic renal failure
Full text at: