Screening for and treatment of anal intraepithelial neoplasia
Joel Palefsky MD, reviews the rationale and cost-effectiveness of AIN screening in HIV-infected MSM and women, and in some HIV-positive heterosexual men and HIV-positive high-risk men and women.
iMedOptions HIV/AIDS Update 2002
- Why screen for AIN?
- Natural history of AIN
- Who should be considered for AIN screening?
- Current approaches to treatment of AIN
- Future approaches to treatment of AIN
- Conclusion: current barriers to implementation of an anal cytology screening program
- Summary – implications for clinical practice