AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition (AVAC) publishes new AIDS Vaccine Handbook
The AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition (AVAC) has published a new edition of AIDS Vaccine Handbook: Global Perspectives.
This is a collection of easy-to-read essays written by people involved in research and advocacy from around the globe. Edited by Patricia Kahn, the Handbook provides an overview of the key scientific, policy, social, ethical and economic challenges, and of the diverse experience gained around the world over the past two decades.
The AIDS Vaccine Handbook aims to address:
- How can I understand the science behind experimental AIDS vaccines?
- Is it safe to volunteer for an AIDS vaccine clinical trial?
- Are clinical trials that take place in developing countries ethical?
- What can communities do to help foster and encourage AIDS vaccine development?
- Where can I go for information, and what at can I do to help?
The Handbook is available electronically from the AVAC website:
Individual copies are available free of charge to community organisations by email request:
For bulk copies or more information, please contact AVAC.