Q and A


Can I study in Malaysia?

I am supposed to come to Malaysia for my schooling but I realised I am HIV positive. Can I take my drugs along and will I get treatment without being a citizen?


Hi, how are you doing?

There is not a restriction to entering Malaysia as an HIV positive person. As a student you are subject to Immigration Act. This means you can be asked to do a medical exam which will include an HIV test. Students are not routinely deported for their HIV status.

How long will you be studying? Malaysia accepts medications for a months supply from Australian doctors. For HIV medication it is recommended this comes with a note from the prescribing doctor. Medication should also be kept in its original packaging.

Access to medication and treatment for HIV is not usually a problem within the country.

All information was found here:

As i-Base is not set up for specific travel requirements, any further information will need to be obtained from a local Malaysian embassy.



Your email address will not be published.