1 Immune system and CD4 count
Your body and the way your immune system fights infections. CD4 cells and your CD4 count. How the CD4 count is used to monitor HIV infection.
- 1. 1 and 1.2 Introduction and aims
- 1. 3 Definition of AIDS (SIDA)
- 1. 4 Basic organs of the body
- 1. 5 How the immune system works (before HIV infection)
- 1. 6 How HIV interacts with the immune system
- 1. 7 CD4 count as a surrogate marker
- 1. 8 How quickly does HIV progress without ART?
- 1. 9 Interpreting CD4 results: CD4 count and CD4 percentage
- 1.10 CD4 differences between adults and children
- 1.11 Different stages of infection
- 1.12 CD4 count cut-offs and the risks of opportunistic infections (OIs)
- 1.13 Use of CD4 count for starting therapy (ART)
Last updated: 1 January 2016.